Quinne Duane said she was happy her decision positively impacted others
A bride whose wedding story went viral after her reception was turned into a feast for homeless people has spoken out for the first time.
27-yr-old Quinn Duane was preparing to tie the knot with fiancé, 27-yr-old Landon Borup in an expensive ceremony costing up to $35,000 at Sacramento's luxurious Citizen Hotel on Saturday, October 17, when the groom backed out last minute.
Duane's family had turned the reception into a feast for homeless people to enjoy after they realised reservations couldn't be cancelled.
The bride said she was happy her decision positively impacted others.
"People across the country have been reaching out, saying how they have been inspired or impacted." That was not something I ever expected,'"
"I was pretty emotional, but as soon my family asked me if I'd be okay with that, I was like, "Oh absolutely!"' she told news site KCRA.
One homeless man, Rashad Abdullah, who came to eat with his wife Erika Craycraft and five children said the meal was a blessing.
"When you're going through a hard time and a struggle, for you to get out to do something different with your family, it was really a blessing," Craycraft said, thanking the family for their thoughtfulness.
The former couple met in July 2011 and began dating shortly afterwards before getting engaged during a family meal to celebrate Easter in April last year.