Desperation Man sets home, self ablaze while trying to get rid of bedbugs

The 30-yr-old man whose name has been withheld, was revealed to have sprayed rubbing alcohol on his couch and body at about 4:30am, in one last desperate attempt to get rid of the bed bugs in his home.

  • Published:
Man sets home, self ablaze while trying to get rid of bedbugs play

Man sets home, self ablaze while trying to get rid of bedbugs

(ladunliadi)
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

News reports have revealed that a man in a desperate attempt to get rid of bedbugs in his apartment, accidentally set himself and his home, ablaze.

Read: Human remains of a 16th-century pirate found under a school playground

The 30-yr-old man whose name has been withheld, was revealed to have sprayed rubbing alcohol on his couch and body at about 4:30am, in one last desperate attempt to get rid of the bed bugs in his home.

After the alcohol ritual, the man was reported to have lit a cigarette to enjoy, and in a bid to burn one of the critters with the smoldering cigarette, he touched the lit end of the cigarette to the alcohol soaked couch, which immediately caught fire.

The couch, his arm as well as the rest of his alcohol soaked apartment located in St. Antoine Gardens complex, Middletown Detroit, reportedly went up in flames.

The man is said to have escaped the flames with severe burns but is now reportedly undergoing medical treatment at a nearby hospital, after he had been rushed there following the fire outbreak.

Read: Woman bitten on the lips by snake she attempts to kiss [Graphic Photos/Video]

Detroit firefighters are reported to have done their best to put out the flames which had later spread to four other apartments, but not before at least a dozen other apartments had suffered severe water damage following the incident.