Tennis Australia hopes to bring Bernard Tomic "back into the fold" ahead of Australia's Davis Cup semi-final against Great Britain.
Tennis Australia (TA) hopes to bring Bernard Tomic "back into the fold" ahead of the nation's Davis Cup semi-final against Great Britain.
Tomic was ruled out of contention for Australia's stunning come-from-behind 3-2 victory over Kazakhstan in Darwin over the weekend due to a row with TA.
But following Tomic's arrest in Miami last week for refusing to turn down loud music and disobeying police, TA president Steve Healy has confirmed the German-born 22-year-old remains in Australia's Davis Cup plans.
"We want to offer Bernard the opportunity to raise the issues he has raised, so we can address those with him," Healy said at a media conference on Tuesday.
"We think the criticisms are unjustified - he needs to hear that. He needs to get some detail, and we want to bring him back into the fold.
"I think the important thing to understand is he's had fantastic support from Tennis Australia and we want him to understand and appreciate that and then welcome him back into Davis Cup."
Healy admitted, however, that reconciliation will only work if Tomic is interested.
"To a large extent, it depends on how Bernard reacts," he said.
"We want to get Bernard and we want to have a chat to clear the air with those issues and get him back hopefully for the semi-final if possible."
Australia are scheduled to play Great Britain away from September 18-20.