Following his latest disciplinary problem, Cricket Australia chief James Sutherland has sent a clear warning to David Warner.
Cricket Australia chief executive James Sutherland has warned batsman David Warner to "stay out of trouble" after being fined 50 per cent of his match for a confrontation with India's Rohit Sharma.
The incident between Warner and Rohit came about after the India batsman - who made 138 - ran a single from an overthrow during Australia's four-wicket one-day international win at the MCG on Sunday.
The Australian team were unhappy with the run, believing a throw to the stumps deflected off the batsman, when in fact, replays showed it most likely missed Rohit.
In a radio interview with Sky Sports Radio, Warner confirmed that he had asked Sharma to "speak English" during the exchange in which he has unable to understand what was being said to him and had been fined for his actions.
It marks the second time that Warner has been sanctioned in a match against India in as many months after being fined 15 per cent of his fee for a "provocative comment" in Adelaide.
And Sutherland is keen to see Warner avoid similar indiscretions in the future.
"I have spoken to David to understand what happened in the incident with Rohit Sharma yesterday and to remind him of his responsibilities as an Australian cricketer and a role model," Sutherland said.
"He has worked very hard on his leadership and behaviour over the past 12 months and I have told him very clearly that instances like this only serve to set back the progress he has made.
"Quite simply, he needs to stop looking for trouble. This is the second time he has been before the ICC match referee this season and that's twice too often.
"From my discussion with David, I am satisfied that his comments to Rohit Sharma were not racially motivated.
"That said, I have reminded him that he needs to carefully reconsider the manner in which he approaches these sorts of situations in the future."
Meanwhile, Australia captain Michael Clarke remains on course to return in next month's Cricket World Cup following his hamstring injury in that first Test.
In a statement, team physio Alex Kountouris said: "Michael is progressing well in his rehab and is currently running on a regular basis and has commenced batting.
"He was reviewed by the surgeon in Melbourne on Sunday who was very pleased with his progress.
"He remains on track for a return to play by 21 February, the date we spoke of when the squad for the ICC Cricket World Cup was announced."