Fernando Alonso reiterated on Friday that he is determined to try and win a third drivers' world title and would consider joining any team that can help him do so.
The Spaniard has previously declared that he will allow McLaren-Honda until September to demonstrate that they can deliver the potential for that level of performance.
Alonso said also that he was considering a full Indycar season as an alternative to racing in Formula One again next year.
"It's one possibility," said Alonso. "I've always said I'm very open (to anything) that may come in the future. My priority is still Formula One and winning the third championship, but I'm open to find the way in any team to achieve that.
"I'm open to see another series if that is not possible for next year, so let's see in one month or one month and a half.
"I want to win next year and to win we need some good changes here -- many changes here. If those happen, there'll be a possibility that I stay and that's something that I will have to consider in September."
Asked if he had experienced any positives this year, the 35-year-old said: "Yes, the Indy 500.
"No. We expected to be much more competitive and we are not delivering what our expectations were.
"We are working very hard to improve the situation as soon as possible, but it is definitely tough."