Oyeleye took to his Facebook account to confirm that he has signed to the company of Floyd Mayweather.
Nigerian boxer Oluwafemi Oyeleye has been signed by American legend Floyd Mayweather.
Mayweather Promotions, LLC which is a boxing promotional firm founded by Mayweather announced that the Nigerian has been signed to the company.
“Hailing from Lagos, Nigeria, Oluwafemi Oyeleye will make his pro debut as part of the Mayweather Promotions team on 12/2 at @samstownlv!” the firm wrote on Twitter.
The boxer took to his Facebook account to confirm that he has signed to the company.
“I'm happy to announce to the world and my friends who have been asking me who I signed with that i signed with Mayweather promotions,” the boxer wrote.
“Also wanna say a very big thanks to my promoter floyed mayweather jr for believing in me and my team @teameagle. I can't wait for December 2nd. #TMT #mayweatherpromotions #lagosnigeria #teameagle’ he said. Congratulations!.
These are five things we should know about Oyeleye
1. Oyeleye started boxing when he was in primary school in Maiduguri, Borno state.
2. The first national competition he fought was the National Sports Festival ‘KADA Games 2009’ in Kaduna where he won silver medal.
3. Oyeleye is a Gold winner of the All Africa Games. He won the 69kg men’s welterweight category boxing event of the 11th AAG in Brazzaville, Congo.
4. The boxer was training with Team Eagles in the United States before he was signed by Mayweather.
5. Oyeleye will make his professional debut at Sam’s Town Hotel & Gambling Hall in Las Vegas, Nevada on December 2.