Ado Bayero mall and Ikeja city mall are counted among the top 5 shopping malls in Nigeria.
And from the most populated city in Nigeria- Kano, down to Nigeria’s most commercial city- Lagos, the birth of shopping malls is on the rise.
1. Ado Bayero mall: Located in a neighborhood that is uniquely mixed with commercialism and residential properties, the mall is sited near major access roads such as the Zaria –Maiduguri highways, and is also adjacent to major landmarks such as Kano trade fair complex and the historic Kano zoo on zoo road. As a result of the strategic location of the mall, there is an easy access and visibility for all tenants and shoppers.
The magnificent Ado Bayero mall is the first ultra-modern shopping mall in the whole of northern Nigeria. Offering 24,000 m² of retail and entertainment space, it comprises of two major international shopping retailers (Shoprite & Game), the largest and modern indoor multi-screen cinema and a broad range of other things including restaurants, media stores and an indoor play area for children. It is located in the in heart of Kano city and named after the city’s longest serving monarch, His royal highness Alhaji Ado Bayero.
2. Silverbird entertainment centre Abuja: The Silverbird Entertainment Centre which abhors both local and international fashion brand names like TM Lewin, Mango and coming soon Fusion, is gradually evolving into a foremost choice destination for entertainment and shopping in Abuja.
Also, it encompasses some 33,000 sqm retail space, luxury shopping, twelve screen cinema, VIP balconies, Food court, Spa, clothing, supermarket, lifestyle and so much more.
3. Polo park mall Enugu: Classified as a ‘first world class shopping mall’ in Nigeria, the polo park mall was opened by the Persianas Group and the Enugu state government on September 15, 2011.
The Polo park mall Enugu is a massive den of shops ranging from food items, cosmetics to electronics. Some of the biggest food chains in Nigeria and abroad can be found in their food court; cinema and entertainment centers are also not wanting.
In the 2nd week of September 2011, Shoprite opened their store for trading and has witnessed a record number of shoppers on an opening day. And based on observation, it could be clearly seen that other shops line are equally following suit.
Also, the design of the mall incorporates informal meeting places, a food hall, and other amenities. Other notable amenities include specialist facilities for department stores, banks, cafés, bars, restaurants, hairdressing and beauty salon.
4. The palm shopping mall Lagos: Located on a 45,000-square-metre (11-acre) plot of land in Lekki Lagos state, the palm shopping mall which was opened in 2005, has 21,000 square metres (5 acres) of lettable retail space with has 69 stores and a modern six screen cinema. Also, there is a parking space for about 1000 cars.
The palm shopping mall is owned by Persianas properties limited (part of the Persianas group), and it is promoted by Nigerian businessman- Tayo Amusan, a Nigerian property developer.
5. Ikeja city mall Lagos: Rated one of the best places to shop in Lagos, the Ikeja city mall is a modern shopping mall that offers 22,000 sqm of retail and entertainment space. The Ikeja city mall whose construction commenced in May 2010 and opened for trade in November 2011, is sited at Alausa, Ikeja, and comprises of 27,000 square metres of gross built area and 23,000 square metres of lettable area.
Also, the design of the mall incorporates informal meeting places, a food hall, silverbird cinema and other amenities. It is an initiative of Actis.