Abdulmunin Jibrin reacts to his suspension from the House of Representatives in these 15 quotes.
Jibrin was suspended today, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, after he failed to appear before the House committee on ethics over an alleged breach of members' privilleges.
Here are 15 notable issues Jibrin raised in Abuja shortly after his suspension from the House of Representatives for 180 days.
1. The most important thing is that Nigerians saw the entire process, how the motion was passed and what transpired at the level of the ethics committee and entirely the process was flawed and for me, it's a non-issue and complete nonsense and it is not going to stand anywhere in the world.
2. As you are aware the matter is a subject of litigation, I have instructed my lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN) to file charges of contempt against Speaker Dogara and of course the house of representatives and I'm sure the matter will move over to the judiciary and decision will be taken. I'm pretty sure the case will be in my favour.
3. I will never ever apologise to anybody in the house of representatives, I did not commit any offence, I did not abuse my office.
4. I have said it repeatedly that in the five years that I have served in the House of Representatives, I have never corruptly enriched myself.
5. These are the allegations that I raised against Mr speaker and some members of the body of principal officers to which they have not responded to the allegations till date. So there is no reason to apologise to them. They know pretty well that I am not going to apologise to anybody in the House.
6. But what is very important also is that now they have done their worst, they have suspended me, what has it changed? Has it changed the fact that the speaker conspired with other principal officers to divert N40 billion out of N100 billion meant for constituency projects?
7. Has it changed the fact that he inserted fraudulent projects worth 20 billion? Has it changed the fact that he diverted multi-million naira project to his personal farm?
8. Has it changed the fact that he tried to use the running cost - money meant for running the offices of members - for a questionable mortgage? Has it changed the fact that he diverted FGN project to his farm?
9. Has it changed the fact that he and Alhassan Doguwa hijacked the 2015 MDG projects and everything therein and converted to their personal use? And many other criminal allegations that they committed, it hasn't changed that.
10. I must say they freed me up to concentrate on the matter in court, I know the suspension is not going to stand.
11. I'm going into a massive alliance with civil society groups, NGOs and well meaning Nigerian to continue to press ahead.
12. I'm not worried about myself but I am more worried about people around me.
13. This is a big issue, I'm fighting a group of Mafia, I know what they can do.
14. The battle I'm fighting is what Nigerians have always wanted to do in the last 16 years when democracy came to bare, to open the House of Representatives and I'm determined to ensure that justice is served on speaker Dogara and the corrupt body of principal officers and beyond that, reforms to be implemented so we can have a house Nigeria will be proud of.
15. It is all part of the allegations, Like I have said, it is all a bunch of nonsense and it will not stand.