In Belgium Police detain six people over New Year's attack plot

Authorities in the Belgian capital Brussels on Wednesday called off the city's traditional New Year's Eve fireworks display, citing fears of an attack.

  • Published:
Belgian police detain six people over New Year's attack plot play

Belgian police detain six people over New Year's attack plot

(Reuters)
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

Belgian police have detained six people during house searches in Brussels in an investigation into a plot to carry out an attack in the city on New Year's Eve, prosecutors said on Thursday.

Authorities in the Belgian capital Brussels on Wednesday called off the city's traditional New Year's Eve fireworks display, citing fears of an attack.

A judge would decide later on Thursday whether they could be held further.

Two people arrested earlier this week, named as 30-year-old Said S. and 27-year-old Mohammed K., would be held for one more month as they were charged with threatening to carry out a terrorist attack, prosecutors said.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.