Imagine having a one-on-one conversation with a friend and you have a potentially embarrassing question to ask. Would you ask it? Obviously, the answer is yes. Now, if a thousand strangers were listening in on the conversation, would you still ask that that question? For me, No can do! And that is the simple reason why you, like everyone else must have twitter manners.
Check out this list of Twitter manners you must not ignore:
- Don’t retweet opinions you know nothing about. A lunatic tweets ‘I will murder Goodluck Jonathan’ and you retweet it? Kiri kiri is waiting for you. Especially avoid hate (religious, racist, violent) speech. Former Minister El-rufai landed in SSS net for a single retweet.
- If you want to be a twitter nut, create a separate twitter account for it. It is not advisable to use the ‘official’ account to tweet porn or expletives.
- Don’t be a ghost that just tweets and fades away. It’s like shouting ‘hey you’ in an open office and then going mute afterwards.
- If you strike a conversation, stay on it. You’re in a conversation. In real life, would you just talk to someone and suddenly walk away?
- Know the difference between DM and mention. To tweet private info is not cool, inbox (DM) is the place for that.
- Don’t stalk anyone. Replying every tweet someone you admire or hate posts is same as stalking them all the way from Lekki to Ajegunle.
- Don’t ask random questions, and despite not getting a response continue to ask random questions. This is especially bad for a hashtag chat.
- If you must use trending #tags, don’t go too off topic. If #PulseHostsWestwood is trending, don’t link it to Boko Haram attacks in Borno.
- Don’t be a cry baby. Nobody wants to know each time your boyfriend or girlfriend cheats on you or you feel like committing suicide.
- If you can, avoid using auto-responders. I hate it when I get a mention or DM just because I connected with you! Twitter is far from being your voicemail.
Did I miss out anything? Share with us.