This was disclosed by INEC’s Director of Voter Education and Publicity, Oluwole Osaze-Uzzi on Monday, March 21, 2016.
This was disclosed by INEC’s Director of Voter Education and Publicity, Oluwole Osaze-Uzzi on Monday, March 21, 2016, The Cable reports.
“We are not going back to the state until the atmosphere is conducive to have a violent-free election. But I don’t want to pre-empt anything ahead of the Wednesday meeting,” he said.
“This issue will be raised there; thereafter, we will issue a public statement on our findings. We will also investigate any allegation that has been raised and backed with fact,” he added.
Osaze-Uzzi had earlier announced that INEC would no longer release results due to the irregularities witnessed during the elections.
INEC had earlier cancelled the elections held in eight out of the state’s 23 local government areas.
Meanwhile, about 10 people are said to have died during the elections leading the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to trade blame on who was behind the crisis.