Ize-Iyamu had announced that it will contest the results of the September 28, 2016 governorship elections in the state.
The PDP Publicity Secretary, Chris Nehikhare had earlier alleged that the APC locked their secretariat so the court summons will not be served to them.
He said “Since the APC heard that the PDP had indeed filed a robust and detailed petition at the tribunal, they have put their party secretariat on Airport Road under lock and key.’’
Reacting to the allegation, the leader of the party in Edo South senatorial district, Oteghe Adams, said “The recent unfortunate drama about the purported ‘evasion’ of summons created by the PDP was nothing but the figment of the imagination of the party.”
Adding that “Having woefully lost the game plan that Ize-Iyamu’s PDP faction scripted for September 28, the defeated candidate is now using an otherwise sacrosanct proceedings of the election tribunal for shameless theatrics.”
The court summons is coming on the heels of Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu’s rejection of the results of the September 28, 2016 governorship elections in the state.