In Ebonyi Govt. procures N442m equipment for agriculture

The commissioner also gave an assurance that the equipment would be adequately maintained and secured.

  • Published:
Ebonyi to make junior workers mainstay of state’s civil service- HOS play

Ebonyi to make junior workers mainstay of state’s civil service- HOS

(Daily Trust)
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

The Ebonyi Government has procured 13 mechanized dozers for agricultural purposes at the cost of N442million.

Chief Samuel Okoronkwo, the State Commissioner for Local Government Affairs, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

“The machines were procured through the collaborative efforts of the 13 Local Government Areas Caretaker Committee chairmen in the state, ” he said.

According to him, the chairmen were in tune with the government’s aggressive infrastructural development and agricultural policies, especially in the area of rice production.

“The bulldozers would be used for agricultural purposes, especially rice production in the rural areas, as we are expecting 13 graders by next week to complement the operations of the dozers.

“The caretaker chairmen after a unanimous resolution embarked on the project with each dozer costing N34million.

“We have through prudent fund management paid 40 per cent of the total cost as the remaining 60 per cent would be paid from source for-a six months instalmental period,” he said.

He thanked the governor for his guidance and policy direction, noting that the equipment would immediately be deployed to the various local councils to commence operations.

“We have engaged engineers from the state Ministry of Works to effectively operate the equipment,’’ he said.

The commissioner also gave an assurance that the equipment would be adequately maintained and secured.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that Gov. Dave Umahi had earlier said that the equipment would also be used for rural road construction projects across the state.

NAN reports that part of the agreement with the Chinese manufacturers was that they would maintain the equipment for one year and supply the gas needed to operate them free within the period of the agreement.

NAN further reports that civil servants with requisite expertise would also be trained to operate the machines to ensure their optimum utilisation and maintenance,” he said. 

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.