Buhari “The President’s heart is with the Chibok girls and their parents”

Meanwhile, one of the leaders of the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) group, Aisha Yesufu has described President Buhari as a failure due to the government’s inability to rescue the girls who were abducted on April 14, 2014.

  • Published:
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

President Muhammadu Buhari has not given up on the abducted Chibok girls, the Presidency has said.

The assurance was given by the Senior Special Assistant to Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu while speaking to Punch on Thursday, August 25, 2016

“The President’s heart is with the Chibok girls and their parents. He understands their feelings. The government has not given up on the missing girls. Efforts to find them will continue,” Shehu said.

“So far, the country’s gallant and re-energised military has taken back more than 20,000 citizens held hostage by the terrorists. In the last couple of days, the Nigerian Air Force carried out a successful raid in which 300 terrorists were killed. The leader of the terrorists, Shekau, was injured.

“Boko Haram, which killed above 20,000 citizens is on the retreat. Government’s efforts to end terrorism and brigandage all over the country will continue,” he added.

Meanwhile, one of the leaders of the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) group, Aisha Yesufu has described President Buhari as a failure due to the government’s inability to rescue the girls who were abducted on April 14, 2014.

ALSO READ: Buhari should step down if he can’t rescue Chibok Girls

Ms Yesufu’s comments came after members of the group on a protest march were prevented from gaining access to the Presidential Villa.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.