The president said he was saddened by the incident and will do everything to get the girls back safely.
The president said this during his first meeting with the parents at the Government Girls Science and Technology College, where the students were kidnapped, on Wednesday, March 14, 2018.
During the meeting, he reassured them that the government will not rest until the schoolgirls are back safely as he had earlier promised to negotiate with the terrorists instead of pursue military action.
In a statement released by the president's Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the president was quoted as saying, "I have read the full report of what happened in Dapchi. As I received the report, I was saddened and I am praying that God will continue to console you."
The president also spoke tough about his government's war against terrorism, assuring at the meeting that the members of the group will not be spared by the military.
He said, "Boko Haram was in control of many local councils in Borno and some parts of Yobe State before we came. Now it has resorted to using young girls for suicide missions in mosques, churches and motor parks.
"We will not spare their members. We will ensure that Boko Haram meets its waterloo. By the will of God, I have directed the police and reinforced them, and the army and air force to keep searching until the children are returned alive."
A representative of the parents, Bashir Manzo, appealed to the Federal Government to do all within its means for the safe return of the girls.
Boko Haram militants invaded Government Girls Science and Technical Secondary School in Dapchi, Bursari local government area of Yobe on Monday, February 19, 2018, and abducted 110 schoolgirls.
According to accounts by residents, the terrorists invaded the town around 7 pm in over 18 gun trucks mounted with high caliber weapons.
The abduction was a repeat of another Boko Haram attack that happened when militants invaded Government Girls Secondary School in Chibok and kidnapped 276 female students in April 2014.
After several escapes and releases, 112 of the girls remain in captivity of the deadly terrorist group.