The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir Lawal, announced President Muhammadu Buhari approved list of sacked Heads of government agencies.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, had earlier in the day announced the removal of the Director-Generals of Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN), Voice of Nigeria (VON), News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC) and the National Orientation Agency (NOA).
A few hours after, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir Lawal, also released a statement announcing the disengagement of 20 more heads of government agencies.
Below are names of the sacked Heads and their agencies:
1. Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) - Sola Omole
2. Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) - Ladan Salihu
3. Voice of Nigeria (VON) - Sam Worlu
4. National Orientation Agency (NOA) - Mike Omeri
5. Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC) - Emeka Mba
6. News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) - Ima Niboro
7. Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) - Femi Ajayi
8. New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) - Ibrahim Mayaki
9. Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) - Juliet Ngozi Olejie
10. Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) - Denzil Kentebe
11. Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN) - Gimba Ya'u Kumo
12. Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) - Prof. Suleiman Bogoro
13. National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) - Peter Jack
14. Petroleum Equalization Fund - Asabe Asmau Ahmed
15. Nigeria Railways Corporation (NRC) - Bamanga Tukur
16. Bureau of Public Procurements (BPP) - Emeka Ezeh
17. Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) - Ngbede Oloche
18. Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) - Farouk Ahmed
19. Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) - J.I Odumodu
20. National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC) - Paul Orhii
21. Nigeria Investment Promotion Council (NIPC) - Uju Aisha Hassan Baba
22. Bank of Industry (BoI) - Rasheed A. Olaoluwa
23. National Centre for Women Development (NCWD) - Onyeka Onwenu
24. National Orientation Agency (NOA) - Mike Omeri
25. Industrial Training Fund (ITF) - Juliet Chukkas-Onaeko
26. Nigerian Export-Import Bank - Roberts U. Orya
27. National Agency for Prohibition of Traffic In Persons (NAPTIP) - Beatrice Jedy-Agba
The President, however, thanked them for their invaluable services to the nation and wishes them well in their future endeavours.