From security to economy and to politics; Pulse highlights 15 important things President Muhammadu Buhari said at his first Presidential media chat.
At the maiden edition of the Presidential media chat on Wednesday, Dec. 30, President Muhammadu Buhari gave insight to some burning issues on the minds of many Nigerians.
From security to economy and to politics; below are 15 of important things the President said:
1. I turned down a N400million car proposal for the presidency. I said the cars I have are good enough for 10 years.
2. I am honest with you, I don't know whether Chibok girls are alive.
3. On alleged maginalization of Igbos: Who is the minister of labour? Who is the minister of science and technology?
4. You want people who stole N50B to be granted bail to go to London when we have 2 Million IDPS in camps?
5. There are evidences of treasonable felony against Nnamdi Kanu
6. By early next year we will not be talking about subsidy of oil in Nigeria any more.
7. We will look into the students already in school to be able to use their MasterCard Debit/Credit cards abroad
8. We made a lot of money in the last 16yrs but it has not been used judiciously.
9. No member of my cabinet is corrupt. If I find them corrupt, I will sack them.
10. Nigeria is not borrowing again but renegotiating with creditors.
11. My VP is quoted on N5,000 per youth pay, how can I come here and deny it?
12. We have to look at the promise of N5,000 allowance even if people have to work in the farm to earn it"
13. If I refuse to agree to spending for my presidency, I wont agree for the legislature.
14. I will revisit the story of the National Assembly spending N4.5bn to buy cars.
15. Fashola was not made Super Minister for nothing.