Olonishakin Chief of Defence Staff has not been sacked – DHQ

The rumours had it that both Olonishakin and Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok Ete-Ibas had been fired by President Buhari.

  • Published:
Major-General Abayomi Gabriel Olonishakin, Chief of Defence Staff. play

Major-General Abayomi Gabriel Olonishakin, Chief of Defence Staff.

(vanguard)
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

The Defence Headquarters has denied rumours that Chief of Defence Staff, General Gabriel Olonisakin has been sacked.

The rumours had it that both Olonishakin and Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok Ete-Ibas had been fired by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The denial was made by DHQ spokesman, Brigadier General Rabe Abubakar on Monday, December 12.

“It is unfortunate that the false information was not only on the social media but also the conventional media. It is very wrong. We don’t know where these people are getting their information from,” he told Vanguard.

“The information is wrong and false. We are issuing statement very soon. Like I said, we don’t know where these people are getting their information from. Issues of this importance should be cleared from the highest echelon.

“You don’t just create news. To the best of our knowledge, nothing like that happened. They are just circulating the false information for circulating sake,” he added.

Abubakar also said that the DHQ would soon release a press statement while urging Nigerians not to believe the rumours.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.