Destination weddings have become a trend in Nigeria and the world as brides and grooms can now leave their homes and move to another place together with family and a few guests to have their wedding.
Destination wedding (The Knot)
Funke Bucknor-Obruthe of Zapphaire Events, in her latest episode of 'Funke Says' - a party and lifestyle vlog series, says destinations weddings can be fun, intimate and cheaper. Your family members and friends can also use your wedding as a mini getaway.
ALSO READ: 4 steps in planning an inter-tribal or interracial marriage
Obruthe says there are some factors couples should consider when planning a destination wedding and these include:
Destination wedding (Shutterstock)
1. The choice location of your wedding
2. Hiring a wedding planner. They can either be based in your choice location or in the destination country.
3. Travel arrangements
4. Insuring your wedding
5. Preparing a budget for your wedding
6. Inform family and friends six months before the wedding
7. Ensure you are covered legally
8. Make your guests feel extremely welcome
9. Consider your wardrobe
Watch Funke Bucknor explain these listed points in the video above.