Vegetarian food is not boring as many people think, and this eggplant cake recipe proves it.
Here is how:
What you need:
- Three large eggplants
- One red bell pepper
- Half cup of bread crumbs
- One cup of flower
- A handful of lettuce
- Some olive oil
- Salt to taste
1. Roast the vegetables in an oven set to 220 degrees C for about 30 minutes.
2. Put them in a bowl and cover for about 10 minutes.
3. Remove the seeds from the bell pepper, cut into small cubes and add salt.
4. Blend the pulp of the eggplant and put into a bowl.
5. Add bread crumbs, flour, and salt. Stir until smooth.
6. Divide the mixture into several parts, roll up each part and fill the middle with pepper to make a cake.
7. Roll each cake in flour.
8. Fry in hot oil for some minutes, until golden brown on each side.
9. Garnish with lettuce and serve.