Tired of your regular breakfast routine? Try this.
Plantains are commonly known to be fried, roasted, boiled and cooked with other ingredients to make plantain porridge, plantain pies etc. Toasting plantain is the new easy, fast and healthy way of exploring your plantain recipes and extending your breakfast options.
1. Ripe plantain (Avoid overripe ones)
1. Peel the plantains and slice them thinly about the thickness of sliced bread. the thinner the slices, the quicker it cooks.
2. Rub with salt and butter. (optional)
3. Place the slices into a toaster and toast until the plantain is well cooked. This may require pushing the spring of the toaster several times. (Toast to taste)
4. Enjoy with scrambled eggs.