Garden eggs (egg plant) are great not only for weight loss, but this vegetable fruit can be made into a sauce that leaves you wanting more.
Garden egg stew can also be enjoyed with white rice, boiled yam, boiled potatoes, boiled plantains and even dodo.
ALSO READ: How to make ice cream at home
The tasty sauce is quite easy to make. Here is how to.
What you need:
- Eggplants (garden eggs) in whatever quantity you want
-Pepper and onions
- Plenty pieces of smoked or dried fish to garnish
- Groundnut oil or palm oil
- Salt and seasoning cubes
1. Wash and cut the garden eggs into halves and then boil till soft.
2. Pound the softened garden eggs in a small mortar till texture is coarse. Using a blender will likely give you a very smooth paste.
3. Put a medium sized pot on medium heat, pour in oil and heat up.
4. When the oil is hot, put in chopped onions and crayfish and fry for a few seconds.
5. Pour in the pounded egg plant paste. Stir fry for a bit.
6. Pour in pepper.
6. Add salt and seasoning to taste.
7. Garnish with the de-boned pieces of dried or smoked fish.
8. Allow to cook for a while till the stew is properly fried.
9. Serve as desired.