A lot of fashion designers/icons have been credited with outrageous statements (which may be a bit over the top).
The fashion world has its fair share of eccentric talents who drop 'words on marble' often some are well 'overboard chic' while some may 'seem snobbish' and more but they usually rig a bell/stay as 'words of style-dom'.
Check out top fourteen quotes from these fashion icons
1. "One is never over-dressed or under-dressed with a Little Black Dress." —Karl Lagerfeld
2. "Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory." —Coco Chanel
3. "I don't design clothes. I design dreams." —Ralph Lauren
4. "Clothes mean nothing until someone lives in them." —Marc Jacobs
5. "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent
6. "Anyone can get dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their days off that are the most intriguing." —Alexander Wang
7. "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." —Coco Chanel
8. "Luxury is the ease of a t-shirt in a very expensive dress." ―Karl Lagerfeld
9. "And now, I'm just trying to change the world, one sequin at a time." —Lady Gaga
10. "Men tell me that I've saved their marriages. It costs them a fortune in shoes, but it's cheaper than a divorce. So I'm still useful, you see" —Manolo Blahnik
11. "We must never confuse elegance with snobbery." —Yves Saint Laurent
12. "Your dresses should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." —Edith Head
13. "The hardest thing in fashion is not to be known for a logo, but to be known for a silhouette." —Giambattista Valli
14. "I wish I had invented blue jeans: the most spectacular, the most practical, the most relaxed and nonchalant. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity—all I hope for in my clothes. —Yves Saint Laurent
Catch an interview with Vogue US editor Anna Wintour below.