Gather hear ladies, for its that time of the day when we discuss fashion trends!
2014 saw the revamp of the 90's with the reappearance of cropped tops and the reign of denims. Matching sets also held sway while monochromes refused to be overtaken by events.
In 2015, we expect that some of these trends will stick around even as new ones emerge. Either way, we're super excited to see what fashion has in store for us. Meanwhile, here are a few hot trends which we're sure will dominate the fashion scene in 2015 and are great for the trendy working class woman to embrace.
Here we go.
- Coloured pointies: Step out right this year with a pair of pointies. They're chic, comfortable and can be paired with both formal wear or good ol' jeans. Turn things up a notch by getting them in bright vivid colours like turquoise, red or even white.
- Jumpsuit: Jumpsuits were big in 2014 and we don't see them going anywhere in 2015. Pair a jumpsuit with blazers for that added touch of corporate chic.
- Wraps: Be they wrap dresses or wrap-inspired shirts, wraps are the way to go in 2015 for a trendy, understate chic look.
- Matching set: Although most matching sets usually featured cropped tops last year, quite a few others came with shirts and skirts which could be great for the office. Check out Eve&Tribe for great matching sets ideal for the work place.
- Shirt dress: The shirt dress is a great piece which can be rocked on Fridays or in an office that isn't too rigid with the dress code.
- Sheer shirts: Another big hit in 2014, the sheer shirt is sexy and chic all at once. You can either dress it up or down with tailored trousers/skirts or jeans.
- Kimono jacket: Effortlessly chic, the kimono jacket is another trend that can be dressed up or down.
- Leather: Before you get your knickers in a twist over the fact that we're in Nigeria and leather is a no-no, we mean leather detailing. As seen in Genevieve Nnaji's St Genvieve clothing line, it's not uncommon to find leather being used in the waistband of trousers/skirts or pockets and sleeves of blouses.