Rice is Africa’s most rapidly expanding food source. Yet with demand high and rising, many countries remain reliant on the world market, and thus exposed to rising prices and uncertainty of supply.
The Africa Rice Forum will examine the obstacles to scaling up rice production and the opportunities for making this vital crop the key to food security on the continent.
Rising to the challenge of rice self-sufficiency requires both a strategic perspective and practicable solutions.
This conference will explore national policy initiatives, the financing of investment in research, production and processing capacity, and marketing of rice and rice products. Successful projects that could be replicated more widely will be analysed and discussed.
Showcasing best practice from across the continent, the Africa Rice Forum will share expert analysis on a range of topics, including:
• The role of mechanisation in expanding capacity
• Research and development of resilient, high-yield varieties
• Sustainable farming practices in a changing climate
• Promoting and scaling up smallholders in the value chain
• Improving grain quality through assurance and standards
• Global and local market trends, and realising export potential
• Matching investors and producers
Start Date: November 23, 2015
End Date: November 23, 2015
Time: 9:00 am To 5:00 pm
Location: Intercontinental Hotel 52A Kofo Abayomi Street, Lagos