In a new tutorial, Lola OJ is sharing the perfect way to clean, re-use and re-stack faux lashes to get a good use out of them.
If your faux lashes are starting to look worn out or generally lacklustre then it's time to revamp them to get better use out of them.
Lola OJ proffers a simple trick to help clean and maintain your lashes which is great as she loves lashes and rocks them just fab!
Not only is the technique a great way to make your faux lashes last longer but it also keeps your lashes hygienic and free from dirt that can accumulate with wear.
What you will need:
- Used/Old pair of lashes
- Hot water
- A bowl/glass
- Disposable mascara wand/eyebrow brush
1. Remove the glue residue from the lash band, use your fingers or tweezers but be careful not to accidentally drag out individual lash strands.
2. Using a bowl, glass or any container that will not melt, pour in a few inches of hot water. Place the lashes into the hot water for a few minutes. The mascara and dirt will lift off from the lashes.
3. Remove the lashes from the hot water and brush them out using a disposable mascara wand or a clean eyebrow brush, re-shape them with your finger whilst they air dry.
Once completely dry, the lashes will look very similar to how they did initially.
4. This part is optional, you can choose to stack the pair of lashes onto another pair to revamp the lashes or wear them as they are.
Your faux lashes would be as good as new afterwards! Watch and learn the steps in the video above.