Rich in vitamins, calories and fibre, avocados are easily one of the healthiest fruits around. It's rich oils also make it great for hair and skin therapy.
In addition to these, avocados taste good which means we can easily incorporate them into our diets which is great, seeing as they're so healthy and practically dripping in nutrients.
If you never considered the many benefits of avocado, kindly allow us bring you up to speed on the healthy goodness of this fruit. Here are 6 great reasons why avocados are a daily must-have.
- Rich in vitamins: Avocados contain vitamins B, C, K and E to name a few which are great for the eyes and skin amongst other things. It also contains copper, iron and magnesium. Basically, with every serving of avocado, you're enriching yourself with a healthy dose of vitamins which promote good health and skin/hair. Need we say more?
- Great for the organs: Avocados are rich in potassium which reduces blood pressure and bad cholesterol which in turn reduces chances of a heart attack or stroke. It's also rich in fiber which helps reduce blood sugar and is great for body metabolism and the kidneys.
- Lowers risk of cataract: They're rich in anti-oxidants which are great for the eyes and lowers the risk of getting cataract.
- Anti-aging: It's no coincidence that avocados are used in spa treatments. They contain antioxidants which help detoxify the body, promoting supple skin and reducing the appearance of wrinkles. It also serves as a great moisturiser when mixed with honey.
- Helps weight loss: Avocado's high fibre and calorie content makes it highly filling which makes it handy in the weight loss journey. This is because a serving fills the stomach and minimises the need to eat more. Its rich vitamin content and effect on body metabolism also makes it a plus.
- Great for the hair: Have dry, itchy scalp or does your hair have split ends? Then it's time to indulge your hair in some avocado therapy. Avocados contain oil similar to olive oil, not forgetting its rich protein content, both of which are great for the hair.