There are simple home remedies to tackle stubborn chest acne that can be difficult to treat...
Chest acne are usually as a result of blocked pores caused by dead skin (reason to exfoliate often) or hair follicles blocked with oil produced around the area- the chest area houses oil producing glands making it acne prone unless paid attention to.
ALSO READ: 2 edible things to try out as makeup remover
There are medications and even cleansers and toners that work to keep the area clean and clear but these two home remedies also work wonders:
1. Toothpaste (White)
White toothpaste works well for treating chest acne as they contain ingredients that dry out acne because of the antibacterial properties they come with!
1. Clean the area with mild soap/cleanser
2. Apply a thin layer (just enough) toothpaste on the area
3. Leave this on preferably overnight
4. Wash off when taking a bath in the morning (wash the area with cold water)
Toothpaste dries out the acne and clears the spots with continuous use. Stop when desired result is achieved.
2. Baking Soda
Baking Soda works to get rid of acne because of its anti-inflammatory tendencies. It also works to exfoliate dead skin cells serving as a perfect scrub that leaves the skin visibly brighter, smoother and clearer.
1. Add drops to water to about a teaspoon of baking soda (or as needed)
2. Mix both together to form a smooth paste
3. Wash/cleanse the area and apply the paste
4. leave it on the area for about 15 minutes
5. Rinse off the area with water
Baking soda works to clear up the area revealing a smoother, brighter skin after continuous use.