It's best to exfoliate the skin to get rid of dead skin cells for soft, smooth and glowing skin and these two simple natural remedies work best.
It's best to exfoliate the skin to get rid of dead skin cells for soft, smooth and glowing skin.
Taking daily bath is not enough to get rid of dead skin cells but weekly exfoliation (at least) helps keep the skin healthy.
Exfoliating/getting rid of dead skin is for all skin types (oily, dry, sensitive and combination skins- it's best to know the frequency that works for your skintype) as it helps improve blood circulation, helps products to penetrate deeply amongst others.
There are natural ingredients that work to get rid of dead skin and they work just well! These two are must try remedies:
- Plain Yoghurt
1. Put 2 tablespoons of oatmeal in a clean bowl
2. Add 2 tablespoons of plain yoghurt and 1 tablespoon of honey and mix thoroughly
3. Apply the paste on clean face and massage into skin using short circular motions
4. Leave on for about 10 to 15 minutes then rinse off with cool water.
5. Pat the skin dry and apply a non-comedogenic moisturizer
Oatmeal has a grainy feel that helps exfoliate the skin properly as well as help hydrate it.
ALSO READ: How to get rid of dandruff fast
2. Orange Peels
- Orange Peels
- Plain Yoghurt
1. Leave orange peels to dry (in the sun preferably)
2. Blend/grind this into powder form
3. Mix equal amounts of the orange peel powder and plain yogurt to form a smooth paste
4. Apply the paste on your (clean) face and neck area
5. Leave this on for about 20 minutes
6. Apply paste with damp hands to damp face using short circular motions
7. Wipe clean with damp towel
Orange peel works well for glowing skin as it contains anti oxidant and due to the abrasive nature of the powder it works as a natural exfoliating agent removing grimes and dead skin.