University of Lagos Female student electrocuted to death in hostel

A student of University of Lagos was on Tuesday night electrocuted to death when a high tension cable fell.

  • Published:
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

Oluchi Anekwe, a student of the University of Lagos, was on Tuesday night electrocuted to death in her hostel when a high tension wire fell, according to eyewitness reports.

The 300-level student of Accounting, who hails from Aku in Enugu State, was on her way to her room in Sodeinde Residence, New Hall, when she was electrocuted.

She was immediately rushed to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, but was pronounced dead on arrival.

According to eyewitnesses, the pole had been given off sparks recently around the school, while the school failed to make any tangible efforts to fix the anomaly.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: More information here.