A young boy has died playing the choking game, where he cut off his ability to breathe to get a feeling of euphoria.
The deceased, Garett Pope Jr., a sixth-grade student in Indian Land, died after cutting off his ability to breathe.
According to the Lancaster County coroner’s office, the South Carolina boy had died while playing the game in a bid to achieve a feeling of euphoria.
The father of the victim, Garrett Pope Sr. took to Facebook to plead with parents to warn their children against dangerous practices.
Part of the post read:
“My family has never felt pain like this before, and we don’t (want) anyone else to go through what we are going through.”
Pope Sr. said that his family computers had no searches about the game, speculating that his son may have learned about it from other kids at school who could also be playing, New York Daily News reports.