Still Missing Ritualists in possession of baby stolen at naming ceremony

Father of the 20-month-old child stolen at a naming ceremony earlier in the week, Mr Daniel Ogundele, says his child is alive and in the den of kidnappers.

  • Published:
Picture of the missing child and the angry mob of youths play

Picture of the missing child and the angry mob of youths

(misspetite)
The missing toddler, Opeyemi Ogundele play

The missing toddler, Opeyemi Ogundele

(misspetite)
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

Father of the 20-month-old child stolen at a naming ceremony earlier in the week, Mr Daniel Ogundele, says his child is alive and in the den of kidnappers.

Opeyemi Ogundele was allegedly stolen at a christening ceremony in Ogun State on Sunday.

Ogundele said as at 10:00pm on Monday when he allegedly had a phone conversation with an Ifa priest, Chief Olansile Ifayemi, has told him that his missing toddler was alive in his custody.

Read: Two suspects arrested in connection to missing baby

The Ifa Priest was accused of masterminding the mysterious disappearance of the child.

The baby was said to have been kidnapped about 1:30pm at the christening organised by the family of Mr. Olusola Osunleke for their newborn daughter.

In the process of searching for the baby, residents discovered a suspected ritualists’ den in the area, which was adjacent to Osunleke’s house.

The discovery made angry residents to storm the area and vandalise the building, wherein human body parts, human effigy, fetish objects and masquerade regalia, among others, were found.

Speaking yesterday, the father of the missing toddler, said he succeeded in reaching Chief Ifayemi on telephone on Monday night.

Ogundele stated that the Ifa priest confirmed that the stolen baby was in his custody at Isabo area of Abeokuta and that the child was alive.

'We got his phone number and called him on Monday night . The priest said my child was still alive and with him at Isabo. He claimed that he was in Isabo area of Abeokuta. This was around 10 pm on Monday. He said nothing is wrong with my boy. He just asked us to stop people from destroying his house,'  he said.

Read: Musician Dies Hours Before Baby's Naming Ceremony

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Muyiwa Adejobi, said he was not aware of the claims of the toddler’s father that the baby was with the suspected ritualist.

Meanwhile, residents of the area where the incident occurred have cried out for help over alleged threat by the suspected mastermind of the kidnapping.

Vanguard gathered that, the Chairman of the Community Development Association in the area, Kunle Ojewale said he and three others in the community have been threatened by Ifayemi.

Ojewale who spoke with newsmen on phone said he had run away from home and relocated to Mowe in Obafemi-Owode local government.

He said, Chief Ifayemi had called his line and threatened him for instigating the people against him.

He said he had since relocated to an undisclosed place in Mowe area.

It was also learnt that as 6:30 pm on Tuesday, the house suspected to be the ritualists den has been demolished by the angry youth in the area.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.