A young student has died after he drank some poisonous substance inside his hostel room.
According to his colleagues, Eniola died after he was rushed to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, where he gave up the ghost.
It was learnt that the young man whom friends described as very gentle, brilliant and easy going, stayed at the Biobaku Hall of the University before the sad incident.
A former student leader in the school, Kunle Adegunoye, posted a very touching piece on his Facebook wall, in memory of the deceased, describing him as a good person who was brilliant and lovable.
The late Jacob Eniola
Photo Credit: Facebook
'Jacob Eniola's Candle flickered, and went out'
"March 2014 was the first time I saw him stroll towards the entrance of the iconic room 113, Biobaku Hall of Residence, bright, confident, enthusiastic and likeable.
Unlike Jesus voyage to Jerusalem today, his was not quite triumphant. Like most freshmen, it takes the intervention of a stale student, Lateef Zabuur Olawale, to get him a bed space in the hostel.
Young, naive and ready to learn, he became the toast of everyone in the room. Hardly can a minute pass without Enny, as fondly called, ease smiles out of us. He made us sit up and do research with his brilliant, though unending arguments.
He taught us what strict adherence to tenets and laws of of Cherubim and Seraphim denomination entails as he was very meticulous with Bible study, garment sanctity and handling of his holy sword made of wood.
It's hard to understand why he would have taken his own life, but I know in my heart that he has found the peace he could not find in life. God has a plan for him, no matter how hard it is for us to see.
I am grateful to have known him and he will always be remembered as the sweet, gentle, fun Enny . My thoughts and prayers are with him and with his family at this sad time."