A young man has lost his life during an attempt to save another church member from electrocution.
According to an eyewitness who pleaded anonymity, the deceased identified as Chinweotito Ehiogu, was electrocuted during his attempt to save another church member, Chidiebere, who was already being electrocuted by a naked wire connected to the church's generator.
Ehiogu who was barefooted at the time was also electrocuted. Both victims were reportedly rushed to a nearby hospital where Ehiogu was confirmed dead but Chidiebere survived.
The eyewitness revealed that the corpse of the deceased was later brought back to the church premises for a series of prayers.
Confirming the horrible incident, the General Overseer of the church, Pastor Simeon Chibuzor, described it as unfortunate.
“The two people involved are my church members. The first person was asked to put off the generator, but he was trapped in the process.
“When he started shouting, Chinweotito rushed to rescue him and got electrocuted too. We got attracted and came around and separated them and took them to the hospital.
“When the first hospital was delaying treatment, we took them to another hospital where one of them was revived. He is still receiving treatment now, but unfortunately, Chinweotito could not make it. It is a painful thing indeed.”
When contacted, the State Police Public Relation Officer ASP, Ogbonaya Nta, revealed that the incident was yet to be reported to the State Police Command.