An inferno caused by an electric spark has rendered 10 homeless but with their lives intact.
Daily Post reports that the incident occurred at about 1 a.m. on Friday and lasted till 3:20 a.m, at Ekurode Urhobo in Warri, and has been attributed to an electric spark.
Thankfully, no lives were lost but properties worth millions of Naira, including goods at the commercial shops, were destroyed in the inferno while the occupants of the building have been rendered homeless.
According to Daily Post, the intervention of the Chairman of the Community, Mr. Samuel Edema, Officers and Men of the Nigeria Police Force “A” Division led by the Divisional Police Officer, CSP Kevin Zuokumor, the Delta State Fire Service and the Shell Petroleum Development Company Fire Service to put the fire under control.
The chairman of the community Mr Samuel Edema told Daily Post, “We had a distress call from our people about the fire outbreak, so I called the State Fire Service and Shell Fire Service come to our aid. It took the intervention of SPDC to put out the fire.”
One of the occupants of the building who identified herself as Grace and a post graduate student claimed that her certificates from the primary to the University level were burnt by the fire, while another occupant of the building, Mrs Rose Debekeme, said her goods worth millions of Naira were destroyed by the inferno.
ALSO READ: Trade hub in Nassarawa gets gutted by fire
They asked for the intervention of the government in their dire situations.
In a similar development, about 80 people were reportedly rendered homeless last weekend after fires razed homes in two different parts of Rivers State.