Following a family row, the woman set her husband on fire, and afterwards ingested poison
It was gathered that Kabura died at the Murang’a District Hospital after she was taken there unconscious, few days after the husband died from the burns he suffered.
County Director of Health, Winfred Kanyi, said Kabura had symptoms of poisoning.
“Her condition continued to deteriorate and she was put on resuscitation at around 11am, but she died an hour later.”
The report had it that Kabura had doused her Kimani with kerosene as he was sleeping in their bedroom, before setting him on fire at Mumbi Estate, near Murang’a Town.
Neighbours said after she set the house on fire, Kabura locked the bedroom door and ran away with the couple's two children, a nine-year-old girl and a boy aged two, also inside the house.
But the kids were rescued by neighbours who heard their screams and broke the door to gain entry but her husband could not be rescued and he was burnt beyond recognition.