The raging fire which started at midnight burnt down a farm, a church, a school and also killed a little girl
A four years old girl was burnt beyond recognition yesterday (2 January) during an intense fire outbreak
The fire was said to have started after a candle light carelessly left by one the house occupant at 16, Makro Street in Warri, Delta state burn out and started a fire.
According to Vanguard, the raging fire which started at midnight burnt down a farm, Deeper life Bible Church, a school and also killed a little girl.
“It started from my neighbour’s place. We were inside my room when I heard ‘fire, fire’. And before I could come out, the fire was already raging.
“Maybe they left candle on and slept off and the candle just sparked big fire. That was just how the fire burnt everywhere. There is one man, a lady with three children. A little child of about four years was burnt to death. Her name is Favour. “Very innocent girl but they could not rescue her. The fire started about 10:30pm.” Says another resident.
However, there are no reports if fire service were called during the outbreak, the candle light induced inferno caused a serious havoc.