Pulse.ng logo
Go

Dumb? Mother severely burnt after bathing with bleach

Sarah Cole was left with horrific open sores and came close to death after getting into a hot bath in which she had poured a cup of bleach.

  • Published:
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

A young mum claims she suffered burns to 98 per cent of her body after being advised to take a bath with bleach in it.

Read: Girl suffocates brothers because she was told to by the devil

29-yr-old Sarah Cole before she sustained burns over 98 percent of her body after bathing with warm water mixed with bleach in a bid to get rid of exzema play

29-yr-old Sarah Cole before she sustained burns over 98 percent of her body after bathing with warm water mixed with bleach in a bid to get rid of exzema

(misspetite)

 

Sarah Cole was left with horrific open sores and came close to death after getting into a hot bath in which she had poured a cup of bleach.

The 29-year-old mum-of-three then soaked her entire body in the solution, following advice from a so-called skin specialist on ways to combat eczema.

Although there was no initial pain, Ms Cole, from Dapto in Australia, was left in agony two days later and rushed to hospital, where she would stay for a month in intensive care.

29-yr-old Sarah Cole sustained burns over 98 percent of her body after bathing with warm water mixed with bleach in a bid to get rid of exzema play

29-yr-old Sarah Cole sustained burns over 98 percent of her body after bathing with warm water mixed with bleach in a bid to get rid of exzema

(misspetite)

 

She told the Australian Daily Telegraph:

"My poor parents were pretty much planning my funeral."

Ms Cole had originally gone with her own mother to seek help for her skin condition.

Neither woman was at first convinced after allegedly being advised to take a warm bath with bleach in, but it is claimed they were reassured it was a legitimate therapy

Ms Cole said:

"I can remember saying to him ‘there’s no way in hell I’m going to bath in bleach, that’ll burn like crazy’ but he said to me and my mum ‘no, no, you have to try it'."

29-yr-old Sarah Cole sustained burns over 98 percent of her body after bathing with warm water mixed with bleach in a bid to get rid of exzema play

29-yr-old Sarah Cole sustained burns over 98 percent of her body after bathing with warm water mixed with bleach in a bid to get rid of exzema

(misspetite)

 

Read: 12-yr-old girl commits suicide after losing mum

After being released from hospital following four weeks of intensive treatment, Ms Cole said she researched the advice on the internet but discovered she was only meant to use a quarter the amount of bleach that she claims she was told to use.

 She said: "I’m scarred from head to toe so I’ve got a lot of horrible scars that I’m trying to deal with."

See Pulse gallery.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.