Golden skillet potatoes is a really delicious meal that requires basically potatoes, bacon and a skillet. Learn how.
Skillet potatoes is an egg-free, nut-free and gluten-free diet which, of course, can be eaten as a major course without requiring any side dishes whatsoever. The potatoes which are tender are lightly golden and crisp on the edges but velvety and creamy inside and of course, very yummy and filling.
1. Potatoes (Irish)
2. Bacon, diced
3. Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
4. Small Onion
5. Cloves Garlic, minced
6. Tablespoon Minced Ginger
7. Red Bell Pepper
8. Green Pepper
9. Curry powder
10. Salt (to taste)
11. Seasoning cubes
1. Wash the potatoes, peel and dice them into tiny cubes
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil and add a little salt. Microwave uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring every 1-2 minutes until the potatoes soften but still hold their shape.
3. In a large skillet, add some vegetable oil and fry the bacon over medium heat. Remove the bacon once fried.
4. Using the remaining oil left in the skillet, add the potatoes. Make sure you don't add too many at once because you don't want them to overlap.
5. Add salt to taste, seasoning cubes and curry powder. Stir well and leave it to cook.
6. Add the chopped onion, garlic, ginger and chopped pepper (green and red). Stir properly and leave it to cook for about 3 minutes.
7. Add the cooked bacon and mix everything well.