Rem Oshodi, who starred in the classic "Village Headmaster," came into the limelight with her role as the titular character in the movie, "Surutu."
Pulse Movies has put together seven things every fan should know about the talented actress.
1. Born Remilekun Oshodi, the actress is a native of Ondo State.
2. In 2016, the actress ventured into the music business and opened a music studio in Ikeja, Lagos State.
3. Oshodi kicked off her acting career in 1985 with the classic TV series, "Village Headmaster" and "Sparks."
4. Oshodi shot into limelight with role in the indigenous movie "Surutu" as the titular character.
5. Her first paycheck as an actress was 35 naira for her role in the movie "Sparks." She earned 75 naira for her role in "Village Headmaster."
6. The actress took a break from acting to work as a mortician. Before she returned to the Nigerian film industry, the actress worked for the popular funeral service company, Ebony Caskets.
7. On Saturday, July 1, 2017, Remi Oshodi Surutu lost her daughter, Ayomikun, to the sickle cell disease.