The following TV shows might shake your fundamental Christian beliefs, and cause you to question your life long values.
We have to remember 24/7 that we are not of this world, even though we exist in this sinful world.
Thus, we are constantly fighting the good fight, whilst living as Christlike as humanly possible.
This fight intensifies with the birth of a lot of TV shows that seem to mock or shake everything any Christian holds dearly.
Here is a list of five TV shows that might make you question your Christian beliefs.
1. Lucifer: As the name implies, this new TV series is all about the Satan, known on the show as Lucifer Morningstar. The show, based upon a bored devil, who leaves hell to stay in Los Angeles, makes Christians reconsider what we know of Satan and his relationship with God. Viewers see Lucifer as less of the Lord of Hell, and more of a misunderstood son of God, while God is cast as a mean father, and husband, who is only concerned with his version of justice and no room for mercy in his heart. This controversial plot has forced the American Family Association's One Million Moms website to launch a petition to stop the show, saying that the program "mischaracterizes" Satan and "mocks the Bible," Christian Today reports. The petition also stated that, "the series will focus on Lucifer portrayed as a good guy, 'who is bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell."
2. Supernatural: This series takes everything apart. In this, Satan is manipulative and apparently able to beat God a few times, God is cast as weak, he even runs away, when humans need his help the most. Everything, as we know it, is tested when God's sister appears on the scene to cast God as a pitiful being. Demons, and other supernatural beings are also featured. This series is highly capable of wrecking a weak Christian's faith.
3. The Good Place: This new show is all about the concept of the afterlife, and Heaven, where the good people go after death. The concept of 'Heaven' is seen as tampered with as two main characters are mistakenly sent to the good place, even though their lives were not so good.
4. The Big Bang Theory: This is based on the scientific theory that fights the Biblical account of creation. As such, the characters are constantly ridiculing religion, Christians and God.
5. Preacher: This relatively new show has a preacher, who is on a mission to find God. However, he has been possessed by something supernatural, drinks, and portrays everything that is the opposite of what a preacher should be. A vamper, two angels, and more questionable characters are seen.
All of these TV shows take Christian or religious core beliefs and force viewers to have a rethink.
For non-believers, this might not be troubling, but Christians do not have that luxury as everything we believe is portrayed in different, and sometimes, not so flattering light.
What do you think?