Missing "Rumour Has It" and struggling to get a new show to replace it? New web series "On the Real" might just be what you are looking for. Watch episode one below.
The first episode of the show may not be your favourite series premiere, but we are not just giving up on it yet.
"On the Real" revolves around six friends with all forms of issues thrown into a reality TV, while managing their vices and keeping secrets.
Created and produced by Temidayo Abudu, written by Tamara Aihie and directed by Tosin Coker, "The Real" stars Nancy Isime, Ini Dima-Okojie, Funto Johnson, Akah Nnani, Pearl Okorie, David Jones David and Maurice Sam.
ALSO READ: 5 SIGNS YOU HAVE BAD BREATH
Here are seven things that happened/we learnt from the debut episode:
1. The show revolves around Wana, BJ, Amaka, Efosa, Lolu and Farida, who are part of a reality TV series.
2. The episode kicks off with each of the above mentioned characters receive a text from the producer of the reality series, Lolu, for an emergency meeting.
3. Reason for meeting? Efosa who is supposedly expected by the world to be in love with Farida, is in love with another woman, Auta. And a photo of the couple together just made headlines.
ALSO READ: IS SHARING YOUR NETFLIX PASSWORD ILLEGAL?
4. For damage control, Lolu takes cozy photos of Efoza and Farida, probably for social media posts like "don't believe everything you read on papers."
5. The characters are not just reality TV stars, they all have a day job or at least something else that keeps them busy during the day. From fraudster, party goer to club attendant, they are busy people. But for some reason, their various day jobs or side hustle is a secret amongst themselves.
6. Efosa apologises to Farida for embarrassing her with his relationship with Auta - the thing is Farida doesn't care.
7. Lolu who we forgot to mention is a married man, ends the episode with "Farida, today I'm tired. Better have brought me something good." Judging by his next response, she brought him something better.
1. Ini Dima-Okojie has always been a delight to watch on screen, but watching her on "On the Real," there was no difference between her "Skinny Girl in Transit" character Hadiza and Farida (then again, It's just the first episode).
ALSO READ: 10 FACTS ABOUT NOLLYWOOD BY MOSES INWANG
2. While we understand Lolu's crazy character, his continuous use of the 'F' word and its censorship can be very distracting.
3. Amaka seems to be the most cautious and weirdest amongst all. She comes across as the character with the most shocking secret.
4. A reality series in a series, "The Real" reminds us of Lifetime TV series "Unreal."