Nollywood actor Olumide Bakare passed away on Saturday, April 22, 2017, following a prolonged battle with a respiratory disorder.
He was reportedly confirmed dead on arrival at the University College Hospital, Ibadan.
Olumide Bakare is dead (36ng)
Bakare was 64-years-old at the time of his death.
In commemoration of his death, here are 10 things you probably do not know about the late actor.
1. In 1984, he had a Brazillian girlfriend called Sandra Lovera.
2. He once dated only 'babes' from abroad because he had problems dealing with Nigerian babes.
3. His parents bought a TV set in 1959 which influenced his journey into TV.
4. He worked with NTA Ibadan for 17 years.
5. Bakare has worked with producers from Netherland and recently got five pounds in royalties.
6. He was a student of Wole Soyinka, Chuck Mike, Professor Femi Osofisan and Professor Zulu Sofola.
7. He got married to an American from Philadelphia in 1986.
8. After their marriage ended Bakare never got married again.
9. He has a thing for the ladies. According to him, "there is always a woman around me."
10. Before he died, Bakare was dating a lady in her early 20s.