There are Nollywood's movies that must be watched because of their well crafted and distinct plot. Movies that would make you laugh and forget the stress of a day. Nollywood is full of great films and we are picking just ten of them.
1. Lagos Cougars: Directed by award winning director Emem Isong. 'Lagos Cougars' tells a story which centers around the lives of three fun seeking ladies in their 40s who decide to have some adventure and date younger men. Starring Alex Ekubo, Ben Touitou, Bobby Michael, Diana Enobie, Monalisa Chinda, Uche Jumbo and Daniella Okeke. You would enjoy watching 'Lagos Cougars' if you want some ‘Naija’ drama and a good laugh with the girls.
2. Mr and Mrs: 'Mr and Mrs' is an award winning Nollywood movie starring the amazing duo of Nse Ikpe Etim and Joseph Benjamin. Directed by Ikechukwu Oyeka and produced by Chinwe Egwuagu, 'Mr and Mrs' is a story of the friction experienced by a power couple struggling to strike a balance between their social status and their family commitments. It is a brilliant piece that kept taking people back to the cinemas while it showed there.
3. The Contract: An Yvonne Okoro movie starring Hlomla Dandala, Yvonne Okoro and Joseph Benjamin. 'The Contract' tells the story of a successful businessman, Peter Puplampo, the ultimate alpha male, rich and a staunch bachelor who sticks to his rule of non-committal life until the desire to have a child arises. It is funny, well written and the type of movie you would want to always see at the end of a stressful day.
4. Brother's Keeper: 'Brother’s Keeper' is a thriller from Oakfil Productions starring Omoni Oboli and Majid Micheal who plays a set of identical twin brothers. Directed by Ikechukwu Onyeka, 'The Brother’s Keeper' also stars Beverly Naya, Barbara Soki and Moyo Lawal. The unfolding drama of deceit, betrayal and passion makes it a must watch.
5. The Figurine: 'The Figurine' is a Nigerian thriller film directed by Kunle Afolayan. Starring Ramsey Nouah, Omoni Oboli and Kunle Afolayin. It is a very distinct movie, different from the everyday usuals. The movie revolves around two friends who finds a mystical sculpture in an abandoned shrine and the way the sculpture affects their lives.
6. Journey To Self: This is one chick flick every lady must see. It is an intense story of friendship, sacrifices, empowerment and self respect. A movie directed by Ashionye Michelle Raccah who also stars in the film alongside Dakore Akande, Nse Ikpe Etim, Tosin Sido and Catherine Obiang.
7. House Of Gold: A romantic comedy produced by Yvonne Nelson. The story revolves around an entrepreneur and polygamist who is battling cancer and has six weeks left to live. With the help of his long time associate and legal representative, he embarks on a mission to re-unite his children. The re-union sets the stage for the most hilarious and bizarre seven days of their lives. The movie stars Majid Michel, Eddie Watson, Yvonne Nelson, Luckie Lawson, Umar Krupp and Nigerian musicians Omawumi Megbele, Mercy Chinwo and Ice Prince Zamani.
8. The Meeting: Directed by Mildred Okwo, the movie stars Rita Dominic, Femi Jacobs, and Linda Ejiofor. A well written original story which revolves around a Lagos-based corporate executive who finds himself at the mercy of political patronage when he embarks on a one day business trip to Abuja to secure a government contract.
9. Mirror Boy: Directed by Obi Emelonye, the movie stars Genevieve Nnaji, Osita Iheme, Fatima Jabbe. The film tells the story of a young teenage African British boy who is taken back to the land of his mother's birth, but then gets mysteriously lost in a forest and embarks on a magical journey.
10. A Mile From Home: 'A Mile From Home' is an action drama directed by Eric Aghimien. It stars African Magic Viewer's Choice Awards (AMVCA) Best Actor; Tope Tedela, Chiedozie ‘Sambasa’ Nzeribe, Alex Ayalogu, Tolu Akinbileje, Eric Nwanso, Charles Decker, Victor Osinuga, Mario Dave, and Tunde Ayam. 'A Mile From Home' revolves around a student, Jude Odaro who gets into a notorious gang in order to get revenge. He get it but loses his freedom, his future and decides to walk away from home.