Today, May 3 is Genevieve Nnaji's birthday. Check out 13 things every fan should know about actress.
Today, May 3 is the filmmaker's birthday. Check out 13 things every fan should know about actress.
ALSO READ: 7 REASONS TO LOVE GENEVIEVE NNAJI
Here we go;
1. Genevieve Nnaji was born on May 3, 1979 in Mbaise, Imo State, and grew up in Lagos, Nigeria.
2. The actress attended Methodist Girls College Yaba, Lagos. She was a Creative Arts student in University of Lagos, but dropped out to focus on her acting career.
ALSO READ: TOP 10 NOLLYWOOD ACTRESSES OF 2015
3. The actress had her first acting experience at the age of eight on "Ripples."
4. The talented veteran started acting professionally in 1998, at the age of 19.
ALSO READ: 5 CLASSIC NOLLYWOOD FILMS TURNING 20 IN 2016
5. In 2004, she signed a recording contract with EKB Records, a Ghanaian record label, and released her debut album One Logologo Line.
6. In a 2014 interview with Olisa Adibua, the actress revealed that she hopes to sing again. The actress also revealed that she is a soul singer.
7. Genevieve Nnaji won the Best Actress in a Leading Role award at the 2005 African Movie Academy Awards for her role in "Darkest Night."
8. In 2015, the actress released her first film as a producer "Road to Yesterday," which won the Best West African Film award at the 2016 Africa Magic Viiewers Choice Awards.
9. On Monday, October 14, 2011, the actress was awarded the honour of Member of the Order of the Federal Republic (MFR) by former president Goodluck Jonathan.
10. In 2009, Genevieve Nnaji was featured on the Oprah Winfrey Show in an episode ‘Meet the Most Famous People in the World‘.
11. The actress is a proud single mother of one, whom she has successfully kept private, away from the public.
12. On October 5, 2014, the talented actress relaunched her clothing line , St. Genevieve.
13. The Oscars is not her benchmark. "The Hollywood has done very good for themselves. I'm trying to build that here," the actress once said in an interview.