Popular Nigerian actress Bukky Ajayi, 82, passed away today, Wednesday July 6, 2016.
The talented actress has died at the age of 82. This heartbreaking news was confirmed by the son of the actress Kunle Fawole popularly known as Abounce (actor and rapper). He told Nollywood website TNS, "Mumsie passed away about thirty minutes ago. God knows best".
Ajayi was a widely respected actress in Nollywood. Her last public outing was on Saturday, March 5, 2016 at the fourth edition of the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards, where the veteran received a "Industry Merit Award."
Pulse Nigeria shares five things you should know about her.
1. The veteran converted to Islam in the early eighties, and chose the name Zainab.
2. Ajayi studied at the Stanislavsky Institute of Drama, London, and returned to Nigeria in 1965 after her education.
3. She kicked off her career in 1966 as an announcer, presenter and newscaster at the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA).
4. She kicked off her acting career with 1970s hit series "Village Headmaster."
ALSO READ: Twitter reacts to actress' death
5. As a kid, the actress loved fighting with her brothers. According to her, her father gave her the name "omo bi o te kii gboâ" meaning that "I loved to learn the hard way.'