Today, November 10, 2015 is the third day of the ongoing African International Film Festival, and here's what you should expect.
The fifth edition of the African Film Festival kicked off with a star studded opening night, which also saw the premiere of the movie "Mediterranea," a film by Jonas Carpignano.
Pulse presented you with what to expect from the second day of the show, November 9, 2015.
Today, November 10, 2015 is the third day, and here's what you should expect;
1. Accreditation will continue for Industry Delegates and Media at the AFRIFF Office, at 4 Imam Augusto Close Off Olosa Street Victoria Island Lagos from 10am - 4pm.
2. Only Festivalia will be accredited at the various cinema venues - GDC, The Palms & City Mall, Silverbird Galleria.
3. All Film screenings are free to attend.
4. All Industry Sessions for Industry delegates will hold at Silverbird Galleria today.
A) Towards a Sustainable Business Framework for African Cinema - 9am – 12noon.
Facilitated by The Africa Film Consortium (AFC) . Guest Speakers and Contributors: Prof. Hyginus Ekwuazi, Hon. Ama Tutu Muna of Cameroon, Zama Nkosi (NFVF), Firdoze Bulbulia, Femi Ayeni (Ultima Studios), Ismael Ntihabose (Rwanda film federation), Lizzie Chongoti (Kenya Film Commission).
B) Criticism Workshop – The Entertainment Writers Series - 12 noon – 2pm
Art and Entertainment reporting in the digital age and Film Criticism. This workshop is expected to provide an insight into international film festival coverage and prepare the entertainment reporter for exemplary performance on his daily job in this changing times.
Hosts – Jahman Ankulapo (Editor Sunday Guardian) & Muritala Sule (Film Critic)
C) The NollyFund Industry Engagement - 3pm – 5pm
In continuation of BOI’s support for the Nigerian Creative Industry, the BOI will engage with industry delegates to dialogue on its special industry product offering called “BOI NollyFund” under which Nigeria’s leading movie producers will receive financial support to produce international quality films and screen them through various platforms of movie distribution available both in Nigeria and internationally.
Facilitated by the Bank of Industry (BOI)
D) Afrinolly Marketplace Launch - 5pm – 6pm
Film Screening Changes
There would be screening of a good number of Chinese films today across all cinemas.
1. Tour of Sour - Tuesday, GDC The Palms Screen 4, 10:00
2. Toughly, Greatly - Tuesday, GDC The Palms Screen 4, 16:30
3. Silent Tears by Ishaya Bako- Wednesday, GDC The Palms Screen 4, 15:30
4. The Land Between by David Fedele - Wednesday, GDC City Mall Screen 1,16:00