A huge crack in Maje Ayida and Toke Makinwa's marriage appeared last year when it was discovered that the fitness expert had impregnated his longtime mistress, Anita Solomon.
Anita gave birth to a baby boy and Toke Makinwa filed for a divorce. According to her, she tried to make things work but they just couldn't pull through.
Toke Makinwa, Maje Ayida and Anita Solomon (Motherhoodinstyle)
ALSO READ: Toke Makinwa OAP addresses marriage breakup with Maje Ayida
She revealed Maje had repeatedly sent text messages to Anita Solomon inviting her to live with him. Maje also claimed to have no money to take care of her and pay their bills, but was able to pay for Anita’s upkeep and travel expenses to the UK to have their baby.
ALSO READ: Toke Makinwa files for divorce from Maje Ayida
Now, Maje Ayida in a recent interview opens up on his marriage to the media personality, their split and more.
Below are points we were able to garner from the interview:
1. His marriage drama with Toke Makinwa affected his job as he lost a couple of his big clients following the brouhaha.
According to him, 'business wasn't booming'.
Toke Makinwa, Maje Ayida at The Future Awards 2015 (Pulse )
2. People were vicious and judgmental to him. Without knowing what was really going on.
3. The estranged couple met at a boat club in Lagos kicking off their roller coaster romance.
4. Their relationship is part of who he is and he isn't going to separate himself from that.
5. Ayida still sees Toke as a great and amazing person.
Maje Ayida & Toke Makinwa (Instagram )
6. He confirmed his baby with Anita Solomon
7. According to him, he's enjoying fatherhood