There are some celebrities who we are simply tired of hearing or reading about. It's time for them to take a time out.
Below Pulse has compiled a list of Nigerian celebrities we don't hear from for a while at least.
1) Yung 6ix - There was a time when this young rapper was known for his wordplay, metaphor and punchlines. Nowadays Yung 6ix has traded his pen and pad for rants about the music industry and a laughable beef with HKN rapper B-Red. His war of words with a rapper like B-Red drives home the point that Yung 6ix should take a self-imposed social media exile and focus strictly on his music for a while.
2) Freeze - The OAP was once famous for being one of the most distinguishable voices on Lagos radio. Now he is infamous for his razor-sharp opinions and controversial views on hot topics in the society. Freeze doesn't care whose ox is gored, he dishes out his unfiltered thoughts easily. It was entertaining at first but now we are jaded and want Freeze to take a chill pill (no pun intended) for a while and come back with something refreshing.
3) Toyin Aimakhu - The Yoruba actress has been in the news consistently since 2015 when her marriage to actor Adeniyi Johnson crashed. Since then Toyin Aimakhu has been a constant fixture in Nigerian entertainment news thanks to her horrible relationship with Seun Egbegbe, bizarre Instagram rants and her weird YouTube reality show. We have gotten tired of the Toyin Aimakhu show. The actress needs a vacation from the limelight, a long vacation.
4) Toke Makinwa - The famous media personality is everywhere these days that she might be moving towards over-exposure. She is yet another celebrity who is constantly in the media circle thanks to her failed marriage and her honest views about love and relationships. Maybe Toke Makinwa can take a break or two with the love tips. Just saying.
5) Psquare - Need we say more? Since the beginning of 2016 Peter and Paul Okoye of Psquare have hounded us with their sad 'brothers-turned-enemies' tale. The Okoye drama has now become a poorly scripted telenovela that we don't to watch anymore. Peter and Paul Okoye however insist that we must tune in and watch their family problems. Someone should call time out on the Okoye brothers and that includes Jude Okoye too.
6) Halima Abubakar - This Nollywood actress is the queen of awkward statements. On July 26, 2016 Halima Abubakar posted a photo of herself with a more than clear view of her cleavage. In the caption she wrote "Can't wait to disvirgin (sic) and have kids." Of course the actress was clearly baiting for comments and headlines. She loves this. She is either talking about marriage pressure or battling trolls on Instagram. We have had enough.
7) Burna Boy - When you are talking about someone being a controversy magnet then Burna Boy is a prime example. He effortlessly moves from one controversy to another. And when he talks, his words are always focused on his legion of haters who are trying to pull him down. Hopefully he can go for some much needed down time now that he is London, England.
8) Dencia - The Nigerian-Cameroonian pop singer is always ready to pick up a fight with anyone who bashes her skin lightening product- Whitenicious. We get it Dencia you are protective of your baby but please leave it to the lawyers while you bask under the Los Angeles sun. If she is not in a Whitenicious fight she is telling us how she is using breast milk as a facial treatment.
9) Cynthia Morgan - It seems almost everything the dancehall singer does these days is to court some sort of unneeded attention. Her back and forth with Yung 6ix was pointless, and the issue with Davido was just for publicity. This year Cynthia Morgan has grabbed headlines for her antics rather than her songs. She needs a reset.
10) Oritsefemi - Whatever is going on between Oritsefemi and his former manager needs to be stopped. It's not even half-entertaining. It's boring and a waste of time for us. Oritsefemi has lost the plot for a while now. He needs to think things through.