As Lamar Odom continues to fight for his life in Las Vegas after being found passed out from alleged drug overdose at a Nevada brothel on October 13, we countdown other top stars who sadly couldn't survive their addiction.
They were all wild and crazy but these famous Hollywood faces got their lives shortened thanks to drugs addiction. As Lamar Odom continues to fight for his life in Las Vegas after being found passed out from alleged drug overdose at a Nevada brothel on October 13, we countdown other top stars who sadly couldn't survive their addiction.
Cory Monteith: At age 31, who played Finn Hudson in the Glee TV series, was found dead in his Vancouver hotel room after taking a lethal cocktail of heroin and booze. He was believed to be alone when he died - hotel video and electronic records indicated he returned to his room by himself in the early hours after a night out.
Billie Holiday: The jazz singer struggled with heroin and alcohol abuse during her career, including a 1947 arrest for drug possession. She served a year in prison before dying in 1979 .
Jimi Hendrix: The famous guitarist was arrested in 1969 for possession of heroin, but he was acquitted of those charges after testifying that the drugs were planted in his belongings. He died in 1970 of a drug overdose.
Elvis Presley: The King of rock and roll died on August 16, 1977 at the age of 42. After being found unresponsive on the bathroom floor at his Graceland home, Elvis was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. Although the coroner said the cause of death was cardiac arrhythmia, what had caused his heart to beat irregularly was an overdose of prescription drugs, including codeine, valium, morphine, and Demerol.
Whitney Houston: Last year, the world was shocked when the famed diva, 48, was found unconscious and submerged in the bathtub of her suite at the Beverly Hills Hotel, where she was getting ready for a pre-Grammy party. Attempts to revive her failed and although the coroner ruled the death accidental, cocaine and other drugs were found in Whitney’s system.
Heath Ledger: In 2008, Batman’s Joker was found unconscious in bed by his housekeeper, who first frantically called his friend, actress Mary-Kate Olsen, for help, then dialed 911. Paramedics couldn’t revive the star and Heath, 28, was later ruled to have died from “acute intoxication” from the combined effects of six different prescription drugs.
Marilyn Monroe: America’s greatest screen sex symbol of all time was discovered dead in her Brentwood bedroom by her psychiatrist. The coroner determined Marilyn’s death at 36 was the result of “acute barbiturate poisoning” and “probable suicide.” But many fans have long questioned the strange circumstances of her death.
Anna Nicole Smith: Friends of the Playboy model and reality TV star tried to revive the 39-year-old with CPR when they found her unresponsive at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, FLA. But they had no luck and Anna was rushed to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead on arrival. Her death was ruled to be from combined drug intoxication, with the sleep drug chloral hydrate the major cause.
Philip Seymour Hoffman: The Oscar-winning actor was found dead from an apparent heroin overdose on February 2, 2014. He was 46 years old.
Bobbi Kristina Brown: The daughter of late Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown died on June 26 from drug related issues at age 22. She stayed in coma for over six months after being found facedown in her bathtub in her Atlanta home on Januray 31 2015. Her partner, Nick Gordon is been investigated for causing her death.